Motorists who regularly use I-270 in north St. Louis County should be aware that the Missouri Department of Transportation will close the intersection of Pershall Road and N. Elizabeth Avenue beginning 6 a.m., Monday, November 9 for three weeks.
The closure will allow the removal of the existing intersection pavement and rebuilding of the intersection with new pavement to connect to the new Washington St./N. Elizabeth Ave. bridge over I-270. W. Florissant Avenue will serve as the primary detour route, and all detour routes will be signed.
Drivers should also be aware that the following closures are still in place in that area:
- I-270EB on-ramp at New Florissant Rd – Detour to EB on-ramp via W. Florissant Ave. to Dunn Rd. Alternate option - (Detour to EB on-ramp at W. Florissant Ave. via Dunn Rd.)
- I-270 EB off-ramp to Washington St./N. Elizabeth Ave. closed – Detour to W. Florissant Ave. NB traffic detour via Dunn Rd. to Washington St./SB traffic detour via Pershall Rd. to N. Elizabeth Ave.
- I-270 EB on-ramp at N. Elizabeth Ave and thru movement on Washington St./N. Elizabeth Ave. Closed – Detour SB traffic to EB on-ramp at W. Florissant Ave via Dunn Rd./Detour SB traffic to N. Elizabeth Ave via Dunn Rd. to S. New Florissant Rd. to N. New Florissant Rd. to Hereford Ave.
- I-270 EB on-Ramp from N Elizabeth Ave – Detour NB to I-270 EB traffic to EB on-ramp at W. Florissant Ave via Pershall Rd.
- Intersection of N. Elizabeth Ave at Pershall Road Closed - Detour NB traffic to Washington St. via Hereford Ave to New Florissant to Dunn Road.
Drivers are encouraged to visit the I-270 North Project website at: www.i270north.org to learn more about planned detours and details of the project, including a project overview and graphic displays of planned construction. Travelers can also contact MoDOT’s customer service center at 1-314-275-1500 or the I-270 North Project Team at: I-270North@modot.mo.gov.