For more information, contact Lairyn McGregor at 816-607-2152
Aug. 10, 2020 – For immediate release
Traffic Alert: Lane Closures Scheduled for I-49 at 140th St. for Bridge Construction This Week
JACKSON COUNTY– The Missouri Department of Transportation is replacing the 140th St. bridge over I-49 in Grandview, MO that will require various lane closures along north and southbound I-49 at 140th St. beginning Tuesday, Aug. 11. All work is weather permitting.
Tuesday, Aug. 11
- Crews will CLOSE the left lane of northbound I-49 at 140th St. beginning at 8:30 a.m. until approximately 2 p.m. for bridge work.
Wednesday, Aug. 12
- Crews will CLOSE the left lane of southbound and northbound I-49 at 140th St. from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. for bridge work.
Friday, Aug. 14
- Crews will CLOSE the left lane of southbound I-49 at 140th St. from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Crews will CLOSE the left lane northbound I-49 at 140th St. from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Additionally, crews will close the left two lanes of both northbound and southbound I-49 at 140th St. OVERNIGHT from 7 p.m. until approximately 3 a.m. the following morning.
During construction, 140th Street over I-49 will be closed. All local traffic will be detoured. Signed detours will be provided using the outer roads, and available cross streets:
- Westbound 140th St. traffic will be routed north on the East Outer Road to cross I-49 at Main St. and then back to 140th St. via the West Outer Road.
- Eastbound 140th St. traffic will be routed south on the West Outer Road to MO Route 150, then back to 140th St. via White Ave and the East Outer Road. I-49 will remain open with the exception of a few weekends for the demolition of the bridge and setting of girders. Additionally, there will be lane restrictions on I-49 for the construction of retaining walls and end bents. The project is scheduled to be completed in August 2020.
This bridge is included in Governor Mike Parson’s $351 million Focus on Bridges Program, which will repair or replace 250 bridges across the state.
For potential impacts to traffic, please review KC Scout cameras at http://www.kcscout.net or consult our real-time traffic partner, WAZE. Please be patient and considerate to your fellow motorists. Use the zipper merge and take turns at merge points. Please remember that all work zones are NO PHONE ZONES. Buckle up. Phone down. Arrive Alive.
Motorists are reminded to slow down and pay attention while driving in work zones. Not all work zones look alike. Work zones can be moving operations, such as striping, patching or mowing. They can also be short term, temporary lane closures to make quick repairs or remove debris from the roadway.
For more information about MoDOT news, projects or events, please visit our website at www.modot.mo.gov/kansascity. For instant updates, follow MoDOT_KC on Twitter, or share posts and comments on our Facebook at www.facebook.com/MoDOT.KansasCity. MoDOT Kansas City maintains more than 7,000 miles of state roadway in nine counties. Sign up online for work zone updates or call 888-ASK-MODOT (275-6636).