Dade County – Two bridges on U.S. Route 160 over Stockton Lake near Greenfield will CLOSE, one at a time, for rehabilitation beginning the week of August 3, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
Both bridges are included in Gov. Mike Parson’s $351 million Focus on Bridges program, which will repair or replace 250 bridges across the state.
The bridges are over the Turnback Creek arm and Lynn Branch arm of Stockton Lake approximately four miles east of Greenfield.
Contractor crews will replace the driving surface of each bridge, install new bridge walls and add new road signs as part of the project.
- Route 160 CLOSED over Turnback Creek arm for approximately 10 weeks beginning week of August 3
- When Turnback Creek bridge is complete, Route 160 CLOSED over Lynn Branch arm for approximately seven weeks
- Drivers will be directed to signed detour using Dade County Route O
- Drivers will have access to driveways and field entrances at either end of the closed bridge but will not be able to travel through the work zones
- Drivers are urged to find alternate routes around the work zone
Weather and/or unforeseen delays will alter the work schedule.
- Prime contractor: Hartman & Company Inc., Springfield
- Total project cost: $2.3 million
- Contract completion date: December 1, 2020
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)