Polk County – Drivers can expect ‘round the clock lane closings in the southbound lanes of Missouri Route 13 at the North Dry Sac River south of Bolivar beginning the week of June 8 when a bridge rehabilitation project begins, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
Contractor crews will remove deteriorating concrete from the southbound bridge deck/driving surface and replace it with a new driving surface – one lane at a time.
In addition to the new driving surface, new guardrail will be installed at the bridge.
- One southbound lane closed ‘round the clock on Route 13 at the bridge over North Dry Sac River
- Open southbound lane will be shifted away from the work
- Expect narrowed driving lanes
- The median crossover at Polk County 565th Road will be closed due to construction. Drivers can use Polk County 559th Road to reach their destinations.
Contractor crews expect the Route 13 project to be completed by late July.
In addition to this project, Missouri Route 64/Lindley Creek Bridge over Lindley Creek west of Louisburg received a new driving surface and guardrail. That project began mid-April and was completed the first week of June.
Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule.
- Contractor: Capital Paving & Construction LLC, Columbia
- Completion date: December 1, 2020
- Total estimated cost for both projects: $1.4 million
(For more information, call MoDOT in Springfield at 417-895-7600 or visit www.modot.org/southwest)
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)