HANNIBAL – The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission has awarded improvement projects for resurfacing and intersection safety improvements on several routes in Marion County.
Emery Sapp & Sons, of St. Louis, Missouri submitted the low bids and was awarded the two contracts for multiple projects. The first contract for the three projects below, let in combination, was awarded for $6,997,608:
- U.S. Route 61 resurfacing south of Route F to Missouri Route 168 ($3,773,683)
- U.S. Route 24 resurfacing from U.S. Route 61 to U.S. Route 36 ($2,140,337)
- Route F and U.S. Route 61/U.S. Route 24 intersection safety improvements south of Palmyra ($908,856)
In addition, another contract for $997,461 was awarded for overlay resurfacing at the following locations
- Route O from U.S. Route 61 south of Hannibal to the end of state maintenance ($499,391.77)
- Missouri Route 168 from Route JJ to U.S. Route 61 in Hannibal ($498,069.22)
Work on these projects will take place in 2020 and be completed by November 1. When a start date is established, MoDOT will alert the public about the project through signs, news releases and social media.
For more information contact MoDOT's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK MoDOT (275-6636).You can also visit us online at www.modot.mo.gov/northeast.