JACKSON COUNTY –The Missouri Department of Transportation will be completing signage work and shoulder repairs that will require the CLOSURE of various lanes and ramps along I-435 between Three Trails Crossing to State Line this week. Some of the work has been rescheduled. These closures will have impacts to traffic. The information on the closures is listed below by date range. All work is weather permitting.
Wednesday, Dec. 11
- RESCHEDULED TO NEXT WEEK: Crews will also CLOSE the left two lanes of westbound I-435 at State Line beginning at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 11 until 5 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 12. A new date will be announced in the coming days.
Monday, Dec. 9 – Wednesday, Dec. 18
- There will be a continuous CLOSURE of the outermost right lane of eastbound I-435 from State Line to Three Trails Crossing beginning at 7 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 9, until approximately 5 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 18
Thursday, Dec. 12
- NEW: Crews will CLOSE the two rightmost lanes of eastbound I-435 between the Wornall off ramp and the Wornall on ramp from 6 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 12, until approximately 1 p.m. that same day for pavement repairs.
- NEW: Crews will CLOSE the westbound I-435 off ramp to State Line from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for shoulder work on Thursday, Dec. 12.
Friday, Dec. 13
- NEW: Crews will CLOSE the westbound I-435 off ramp to State Line from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 13 for shoulder work.
Motorists should expect delays during this time. The project is scheduled to be completed sometime in spring 2020. All work is weather permitting.
Commuters can scout their route in advance at www.kcscout.net to review traffic impacts and consider any alternative routes. Also review the planned work on MoDOT’s Traveler Information Map at traveler.modot.org.
This work is part of the I-435 South Loop Link project which will replace the bridges at Wornall and Holmes, rehabilitate the bridges at 104th Street and the Blue River, upgrade the pavement on I-435 which includes adding another lane. Learn more about the project here: www.modot.org/kansascity/major_projects/I435South/.
Please remember that all work zones are NO PHONE zones. Buckle up. Phone down. Arrive Alive. Motorists are reminded to slow down and pay attention while driving in work zones.