SIKESTON – The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded contracts for Southeast District projects during its regular meeting on Feb. 6. Awarded contracts include pavement improvements and bridge improvements.
Contracts include the following:
- A $1,681,869 contract was awarded to Apex Paving Co., for pavement improvements on the following routes in New Madrid County:
- Route 61 from I-55 overpass in Howardville, Mo. to I-55 overpass in Portageville, Mo., and;
- Route U from Route 61 to County Road 732 in New Madrid, Mo.
- A $3,489,000 contract was awarded to Pace Construction Co., for pavement improvements on Route 21 from Route 49 to just south of Centerville, Mo., in Iron and Reynolds counties.
- A $1,115,283 contract was awarded to Phillips Hardy, Inc., for bridge improvements on Route 34/74 over the Mississippi River (Bill Emerson Memorial Bridge) in Cape Girardeau, Mo., in Cape Girardeau County.
- A $320,393 contract was awarded to Apex Paving Co., for pavement improvements on Route B from Route 160 to Route 142 in Ripley County.
- A $640,962 contract was awarded to STF, LLC (Traffic Control Com.) for contract pavement markings in locations in the Southeast District.
Additional information, regarding timelines and impacts to traffic, will be released prior to the start of construction.
Work zones will be marked with signs as work is underway. Motorists are urged to use caution when traveling in these areas and plan for possible delays. MoDOT will alert drivers prior to any changes in traffic.
For more information, please contact MoDOT’s Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636).
Links to related information: Commission News Release Archive