SIKESTON – The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded contracts for Southeast District projects during its regular meeting on June 8. Awarded contracts include sidewalk, bridge, and pavement improvements.
Contracts include the following:
- A $921,252 contract was awarded to RL Persons Construction, Inc., for sidewalk improvements on Route 61 in Jackson from Route 25 to Old Cape Road in Cape Girardeau County;
- A $215,000 contract was awarded to KCI Construction Company for bridge improvements at the intersection of Interstate 55 and Route 74 in Cape Girardeau County;
- A $2,997,470 contract was awarded to Emery Sapp & Sons, Inc., to construct a new roadway, Route AC, from Route 61 to Route 51 in Perry County;
- A $1,450,000 contract was awarded to Pace Construction Company for pavement improvement on the following routes in Perry County:
- Route 51 from McBride to Chester Bridge;
- Route E from 2 miles south of Route C to Route 61;
- Route P from Route C to Route 61;
- A $1,595,000 contract was awarded to Pace Construction Company, for pavement improvements on the following routes:
- Route AA from Route 49 to Bluff View Drive in Reynolds County;
- Route D from Business 67 to Route T in Greenville in Wayne County;
- A $285,263 contract was awarded to Joe’s Bridge & Grading, Inc., for a bridge repair on eastbound Route 60 over Route W near Poplar Bluff in Butler County.
Additional information, regarding timelines and impacts to traffic, will be released prior to the start of construction.
Work zones will be marked with signs as work is underway. Motorists are urged to use caution when traveling in these areas and plan for possible delays. MoDOT will alert drivers prior to any changes in traffic.
For more information, please contact MoDOT’s Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636).
Links to related information: Commission News Release Archive