The project will be let in January 2019 allowing contractors to submit competitive bids for the project.
The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded the project contract to Capital Paving and Construction during their February 2019 meeting.
The current notice to proceed date will be March 19, 2019. Construction is scheduled to begin April 8 on the U.S. Route 69 bridge south of Cameron.
- Clinton County
- U.S. Route 69 Bridge south of Cameron – April 8 thru early June
- Daviess County
- Route KK Bridge – Late May thru mid-July
- Route DD Bridge - Late June thru early Sept.
- Route B/N Bridge – Mid-Aug. thru late Oct.
- Route C Bridge – Late Aug. thru mid-Nov.
The contracted completion date is November 1, 2019, though the contractor may finish the job before that date if factors allow.
Contractors will replace the decks of Clinton County U.S. Route 69 and Daviess County Routes KK, DD, C and B bridges over I-35. During construction of each bridge will close and traffic will be directed over the signed detour routes shown below.
Project Press Releases
Community Invited To Discuss Upcoming Project
Daviess and Clinton County Bridges over I-35
CAMERON, Mo. – Plans are underway to replace the decks of five bridges over Interstate 35 in Clinton and Daviess Counties. The Missouri Department of...
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why is MoDOT closing the road during construction?
- Closing the bridge saves taxpayer money by allowing the contractor to work more efficiently and will result in a shorter construction period. The bridge on and off ramps will remain open during construction.
Q: Who can I contact if I have further questions?
- Questions about the project may be directed to Customer Service at:
- 888 ASK MODOT (1-888-275-6636)
Q: How can I stay updated on the project's progress?
- Sign up for project-specific updates below: