With over 30,000 vehicles traveling U.S. Route 63 per day, the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) is planning to make improvements to provide a smoother driving surface for motorists. Resurfacing is planned in both directions from Route B in Boone County to U.S. Route 54 in Callaway County. The project also includes resurfacing of Ponderosa Street from Gans Creek to East Meyer Industrial Drive in Columbia.
The work took place in 2022.
The contract for the project totals $15,350,303.
- Pavement repair, cold-milling and resurfacing on U.S. Route 63.
- Various bridge decks to be repaired and a new wearing surface will be applied.
- High friction surface treatment to be applied at various curves.
- Resurfacing on various entrance and exit ramps.
- 500-foot full depth pavement replacement in the southbound lanes south of Bonne Femme Creek Bridge.
- Route H southbound ramp acceleration lane to U.S. Route 63 will be extended.
- Northbound deceleration lane to Rolling Hills Road to be extended.
- Southbound median deceleration lane at Rolling Hills Road to northbound U.S. Route 63 J-Turn to be extended.
- Guardrail and guard cable improvements.
The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded the contract for the project to Capital Paving and Construction, which submitted the lowest bit of $15,350,303.
Rehabilitation of the southbound U.S. Route 63 exit ramp bridge over Oilwell Road (north of Jefferson City), connecting to U.S. Route 54.
Rehabilitation of the westbound U.S. Route 54 exit ramp bridge over Oilwell Road (north of Jefferson City), connecting to northbound U.S. Route 63.
Project News and Updates
CALLAWAY COUNTY – A project to improve U.S. Route 63 between Columbia and Jefferson City will require the closure of an interchange ramp north of Jefferson City later this week.
Starting on Wednesday, September 21, the westbound U.S. Route 54 exit...
August 15, 2022 -- This release has been updated to show that work has been pushed back to begin Wednesday, August 17. Crews will close the ramp later Wednesday morning after the morning commute period.
CALLAWAY COUNTY – The Missouri...
CALLAWAY COUNTY – A project to improve U.S. Route 63 between Columbia and Jefferson City will require the closure of the southbound connector ramp north of Jefferson City later this month.
Starting on Tuesday, August 16, the southbound Route 63 exit...
JEFFERSON CITY – Beginning Monday, April 11, major improvements will begin along U.S. Route 63 from Columbia and Jefferson City.
Contractors for the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) will start the process of upgrading guardrail and...
Check out facebook.com/modotcentral and @MODOT_Central on Twitter to follow us and know what's happening near you! You can also click the button below to subscribe to district news and have the information sent straight to your inbox!