SIKESTON - The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded several contracts for Southeast District projects during its regular meeting on June 5. Awarded contracts include sidewalk improvements, guardrail and guard cable repair and adding signage for the Trans-American Bike Trail.
Contracts include the following:
- A $115,214 contract was awarded to Fronabarger Concreters, Inc., for sidewalk improvements on Route E and Route D in Oak Ridge, Mo., in Cape Girardeau County.
- A $580,000 contract was awarded to R. L. Persons Construction, Inc., for sidewalk improvements in the towns of Malden, Gideon and Bernie.
- A $86,579 contract was awarded to the James H. Drew Corporation for the addition of signage for the Trans-America Bike Trail at various locations throughout the Southeast District.
- A $219,547 contract was awarded to Big River Resources Corporation for guardrail improvements at various locations throughout the Southeast District.
- A $257,985 contract was awarded to the James H. Drew Corporation for guardrail and guard cable repair on various routes throughout the Southeast District.
Additional information, regarding timelines and impacts to traffic, will be released prior to the start of construction.
Work zones will be marked with signs as work is underway. Motorists are urged to use caution when traveling in these areas and plan for possible delays. MoDOT will alert drivers prior to any changes in traffic.
For more information, please contact MoDOT's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636).
Links to related information: