In partnership with MoDOT, LTAP is hosting a Local Public Agency (LPA) Basic Training – Person of Responsible Charge Three-Part Series Training, October 25th, October 27th, and November 1st, from 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm each session.
Projects administered by local agencies using Title 23 federal funds require the local agency to have a “qualified person of responsible charge” who is a public employee accountable for the project. This training, approximately 5-6 hours total, will provide the attendee the basic knowledge of the federal-aid process to perform the following duties and functions:
- Administer federal-aid project activities, including those dealing with cost, time, adherence to contract requirements, construction quality, and scope;
- Maintain familiarity with day-to-day project operations, including project safety issues;
- Make or participate in decisions about changed conditions or scope changes requiring change orders or supplemental agreements;
- Visit and review the project on a frequency commensurate with the magnitude and complexity of the project;
- Review financial processes, transactions, and documentation to ensure safeguards are in place to minimize fraud, waste, and abuse; and
- Direct project staff, agency or consultant, to carry out project administration and contract oversight, including proper documentation.
- Be aware of the qualifications, assignments, and on-the-job performance of the agency and consultant staff at all stages of the project.
- Must sign all project documents including but not limited to agreements, certifications, plans, change orders, etc.
Participants must attend all 3 sessions and pass a test to be certified as a Person of Responsible Charge. If multiple employees are attending from one agency/registration and from different devices, in order to get credit, you MUST sign in to the Zoom meeting with the name of who is actually attending OR if they are not from different devices you must email the registration list to Kristi Barr, firstname.lastname@example.org, to be provided a sign-in roster that each attendee must sign the day of their attendance for each session. The sign-in roster must be returned to LTAPs office no later than 3 days following the last/final session.
Session overview can be found below and a registration link (one link for all 3 sessions) can be found here: Meeting Registration - Zoom
PART I TOPICS COVERED: October 25, 2022 - 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm
- Getting Started
- Audits and Reviews
- Planning a Project
- Hiring a Consultant
PART II TOPICS COVERED: October 27, 2022 - 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm
- Environmental and Cultural Requirements
- Developing Plans, Specifications, and Project Estimate
- Buying Right of Way
PART III TOPICS COVERED: November 1, 2022 - 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm
- Bidding a Project
- Construction of a Project
- Final Close Out of a project