WHAT'S THE STORY?
MoDOT is repairing 15 bridges along I-470 from Blue Ridge Boulevard to the I-70 interchange in 2017 and 2018. Some of these bridges were constructed in the 1960s and have passed their useful life.
The age and condition of these bridges require extensive rehabilitation so they can continue to serve customers for decades to come.
More than 60,000 drivers cross through this stretch of I-470 every day so keeping the interstate smooth and safe is paramount. Rehabilitation will allow them to serve the public safely for another 15 to 20 years.
Which bridges will see construction?
The complete list of bridges scheduled for work include (bolded bridges have been completed):
- Kansas City Southern Railroad Bridge over I-470
- Blue Ridge Boulevard Bridge
- James A. Reed Bridge
- Little Blue River Bridge
- View High Drive Bridge
- Cedar Creek Rail Road Bride
- Little Blue River Bridge on both northound and southbound lanes
- U.S. 40 Bridge on both northbound and southbound lanes
- I-470 Bridge over I-70, both northbound and southbound lanes