June 7, 2017 – For immediate release
SIKESTON – The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded contracts for Southeast District projects during its regular meeting on June 7. Awarded contracts include construction of a new interchange, pavement repairs, guardrail and guard cable repairs, chevron installation and bridge improvements.
Contracts include the following:
- A $16,054,001 contract was awarded to Emery Sapp & Sons, Inc., for construction of a new interchange on Interstate 55 near Kelso in Scott County.
- A $120,250 contract was awarded to Fronabarger Concreters, Inc., for concrete repairs on Interstate 55 and Interstate 57 in various counties.
- A $120,250 contract was awarded to Fronabager Concreters, Inc., for concrete repairs on Interstate 55 and Interstate 155 in New Madrid and Pemiscot County.
- A $334,772 contract was awarded to Collins & Hermann, Inc., for guardrail and guard cable repairs in various locations in Southeast District.
- A $449,621 contract was awarded to Missouri Petroleum Products Company for sand seal paving improvements on the following routes:
- Route 34 from Route 21 to the Wayne County Line in Reynolds County, and;
- Route M from Route 67 to County Road 462 in Butler County.
- A $57,120 contract was awarded to A&H Co. Inc., for chevron installation in various locations in the Southeast District.
- A $2,708,224 contract was awarded to Robertson Contractors, Inc., for bridge replacements on the following routes:
- Route K bridge over Castor River near Puxico in Stoddard County;
- Route 61 bridge over Poor Creek near Pocahontas in Cape Girardeau County;
- Route C bridge over Lateral Ditch #4 near Dogwood in Mississippi County, and;
- Route 102 bridge over Lateral Ditch #2 in Mississippi County.
- A $1,583,000 was awarded to Pace Construction Comp., for bridge rehabilitations on the following routes:
- Route V bridge over Janes Creek in Oregon County;
- Route V bridge over Mill Creek near Myrtle in Oregon County, and;
- Route JJ bridge over Little Creek near Thornfield in Ozark County.
On June 2, a $638,240 emergency letting was awarded to Robertson Contractors, Inc. for pavement repairs and culvert replacement on Route T near Lake Wappapello in Wayne County.
Additional information, regarding timelines and impacts to traffic, will be released prior to the start of construction.
Work zones will be marked with signs as work is underway. Motorists are urged to use caution when traveling in these areas and plan for possible delays. MoDOT will alert drivers prior to any changes in traffic.
For more information, please contact MoDOT’s Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636).
Links to related information: Commission News Release Archive