Friday, Feb. 29 at 11:00 a.m.
A ceremony is scheduled for Friday, Feb. 29, at 11:00 a.m. to kick-off the construction of the Route 72 Fredericktown bypass. The ceremony will be held at the Ole Times Country Café Banquet Room, 160 Commercial Dr., in Fredericktown.
Anticipated speakers include:
· Heather Garner on behalf of U.S. Representative JoAnn Emerson
· Senator Jason Crowell
· Shelley Keeney on behalf of Missouri Speaker of the House Rod Jetton
· Madison County Presiding Commissioner John Rauls
· SEMO Regional Planning Director Chauncy Buchheit
· Executive Vice President P.J. Kronlage, EFK Moen, LLC
· MoDOT Southeast Assistant to the District Engineer Cheryl Ball
The $1,175,538 contract, for the first phase of the project, was awarded to Chester Bross Construction, Hannibal, in 2007. The first phase of building the bypass around Fredericktown includes constructing a roundabout at existing Route 72, just east of the Route 67/72 interchange. The project is anticipated for completion in fall 2008.
The second phase of the project consists of grading the remainder of the bypass and constructing two new bridges-one over Little St. Francois River and one over Village Creek. The third phase includes paving of the entire bypass project. The second and third phases of the bypass project are expected to occur in fall 2008 and fall 2009.
MoDOT is partnering with Madison County to finance the three-phase project. The County will be contributing approximately $3.4 million toward the estimated $7 million improvement.
For more information, contact Community Relations Manager Angie Wilson at (573) 472-6632 or call MoDOT's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636).