ST. JOSEPH, Mo – Repairs to the bridge deck, or driving surface, will require the closure of two city streets in St. Joseph next week. Crews from the Missouri Department of Transportation will close 33rd Street and Agency Road over U.S. Route 36 to complete the work. In order to allow the concrete to cure, a 24-hour closure is needed on each bridge.
- 33rd Street (near the golf course) over U.S. Route 36:
- Closing at 7 a.m. on Monday, July 15
- Scheduled to reopen at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, July 16
- Agency Road (just west of 28th Street) over U.S. Route 36:
- Closing at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, July 16
- Scheduled to reopen at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, July 17
During the closures, motorists should find an alternate route. All work is weather dependent and schedules are subject to change.
Repairs such as these help MoDOT prolong the life of the many bridges that dot the roadways of Northwest Missouri. Statewide, MoDOT maintains 10,385 bridges. These three bridges carry a combined load of approximately1,400 vehicles per day:
- 33rd Street Bridge – 102 vehicles per day
- Agency Road Bridge – 1,298 vehicles per day
For more information on this and other MoDOT projects, call 1-888-ASK-MODOT (888-275-6636) or visit www.modot.org/northwest and view the online Traveler Information Map. In addition, MoDOT provides updated information on Twitter @MoDOTNorthwest and Facebook at www.facebook.com/MoDOTNWDistrict.