April 11, 2019 – For immediate release
MoDOT Extends Weight Allowance for Truckloads of Aggregate Used in Flood Relief to May 15
Jefferson city, Mo. – The Missouri Department of Transportation today announced an extension to its allowance for heavier-than-normal truckloads of rock, sand and gravel to travel on Missouri highways in flood relief. The waiver allows private and for-hire motor carriers to haul up to 10 percent more than their licensed weight on Missouri highways.
The waiver remains in effect through May 15. While the waiver is in effect, participating motor carriers are limited to:
- A loaded, gross weight no greater than 10 percent above the gross licensed weight of the commercial motor vehicle;
- Transportation of rock, sand and gravel only within the state of Missouri;
- Drivers must obey posted bridge weight limits;
- When crossing a bridge, the driver must restrict the vehicle speed to no more than 30 mph;
- Travel is only allowed on non-interstate highways. NO TRAVEL IS ALLOWED ON MISSOURI INTERSTATE HIGHWAYS.
Check the MoDOT Traveler Information Map at www.modot.org or download the free app at Google Play or the Apple Store for up-to-date road closure information.
For more information, call MoDOT at 888-ASK-MODOT (275-6636) or visit www.modot.org. To receive the latest statewide news and text alerts, signup for e-updates.