Where: I-49 bridge at Spring River and Missouri & Northern Arkansas Railroad in Carthage (Mile Marker 53)
What: Southbound bridge CLOSED and traffic shifted to northbound bridge with reduction to one lane in both directions
When: Thursday, Sept. 20
- Drivers should expect delays and lane closings as contractor crews move traffic to the northbound side of I-49
- I-49 remains reduced to one lane in each direction
- Southbound I-49 to Missouri Route 96 exit CLOSED
- Work zone speed limit: 60 mph
- Traffic will be in this configuration until bridge rehabilitation project is complete in mid-December?
- Drivers are urged to seek alternate routes around the construction
- Similar work on the northbound bridge is now complete
Weather and/or unforeseen delays will alter the work schedule.
(For timely traffic information in the Springfield area, visit www.ozarkstraffic.com)