As part of your medical benefit, MoDOT/MSHP Medical Plan provides a disease management program through Anthem. The disease management program is designed to help people with chronic health conditions prevent recurring symptoms and attain a higher quality of life. You are identified for participation in this program through your medical and pharmaceutical claims.
It’s personal, it’s private, and it’s a benefit available to medical plan members at no cost to you. Participation is completely voluntary and any information you provide is strictly confidential and only shared with your physician to support your treatment plan. The more members understand their chronic illness treatment plans, as well as their role in their health care, the better they can work with their health care providers to prevent complications.
Anthem's Core Disease Management Programs includes the following:
- Coronary artery disease
- Congestive heart failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Education on disease processes, treatment goals, and self-management skills.
- Disease specific educational packets.
- Target reminders for recommended services.
- Disease management call center staffed with RNs and health coaches.