You require a permit to work on MoDOT's right of way for:
- Construction of new entrances
- Reconstruction of existing entrances (change in width, grade, location, etc)
- Irrigation installation
- Utility installation
- Signal installation or modifications
- Traffic control
To Obtain a Permit for Work on Right of Way:
- Submit request with 2 full size sets of plans to the appropriate area traffic specialist for review.
- Once plans are approved, a total of 3 full size sets of plans and a pdf will be required.
- A surety deposit will be required for most permits, which is refundable once the work is completed and inspected and accepted by MoDOT.
- The permit will be issued from our Main Permit Office located in the
Transportation Management Center (TMC)
14301 South Outer Forty, Chesterfield, MO 63017.
Hours are Monday-Friday 7:30am-11:30am and 12:00pm-3:30pm.
Click here for directions
Once You Receive Your Permit:
- Call 1-800-344-7483 before you dig to get the location underground facilities.
- Submit the Lane Closure Request Form to MoDOT, two business days prior to any lane closures.
- Set up a pre-construction meeting with the appropriate area traffic specialist.
- Keep a copy of permit and the permit approved plans on the job site at all times.
- Contact the area traffic specialist or submit a Permit Completion Report Form when work is complete for a final inspection.
- The area traffic specialist will inspect the work and clear the permit.
- The surety deposit will be refunded three to four weeks after MoDOT has inspected and accepted the work.