This is Route W at Route 109, which needs to be resurfaced due to deteriorating pavement.
Why Does Route 109 and Route W Need Improvements?
Route 109 and Route W need safety and pavement improvements in the following areas:
• Route 109 from the Meramec River Bridge to Route W
• Route W from Route 109 to the Big River Bridge
Roadway improvements and resurfacing upgrades to these highways need to be done to address safety concerns and preserve the life of the pavement.
What Improvements are Being Proposed?
• Route 109 from the Meramec River Bridge to Route W will be resurfaced.
• Route W from Route 109 to the Big River Bridge will also be resurfaced.
• Shoulders will be constructed where possible along these routes.
• A left turn lane will be added at Twin Rivers Road, Byrnesville Road and Winnifred Drive.
• The alignment of Route W at LaFarge Drive will be improved (Click here for an aerial view)
How Will Traffic Be Impacted While Construction Is Under Way?
Construction began in July 2013 and is expected to be complete in fall 2014. There will be various lane closures with flagging operations to help keep traffic moving smoothly along these routes.
Estimated Project Cost:
Estimated project cost for the Route 109/Route W Resurfacing Project is $4.5 million.
Who Do I Contact For More Information?
Contact MoDOT Franklin/Jefferson County Area Engineer Judy Wagner at 314-453-5021 or by e-mail at Judy.Wagner@modot.mo.gov