A public meeting for this project is held Thursday, September 8 between 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., at Stix II Elementary School, located at 647 Tower Grove Avenue in St. Louis. Those who were not able to attend can view the same information below:
Over the last ten years, various work has been completed in an effort to earthquake
strengthen and keep Interstate 64 in service for the future. Major repairs are planned for the bridges and driving surface along I-64 from east of Kingshighway to the Poplar Street Bridge.
MoDOT will make the following improvements during this construction:
· Earthquake seismic retrofitting on the double decked structure
· Painting and resurfacing work on the double decked structure
· New interchange at Tower Grove/Boyle
· Replace existing street lights with high mast towers
· Remove and replace Jefferson, Newstead, Taylor, Boyle and Tower Grove Avenues
I-64 Corridor Map - Work from Kingshighway to Poplar Street Bridge
Some of this work is underway but a majority of it will take place in 2012 and 2013. All the improvements to the I-64 corridor are expected to be complete in 2015.
Information on Tower Grover/Boyle Interchange project
Fact Sheet for I-64 Corridor Lighting Work
Union Station to Amtrak
12th to 11th Street
Who Do I Contact For More Information?