Today's Road Work
Use the Map Above or the List below to select the county of your choice to view current road work
MoDOT/Southwest Road Report for Thursday, July 2
All road work will end by noon on Thursday, July 2, for the July 4th holiday weekend and will not resume until Monday, July 6. However, larger road construction projects may continue to have traffic shifts, reduced speed limits and lane/road closings that cannot be moved out of the way for the weekend.
Travelers are urged to slow down, wear seat belts and pay attention to the road over the holiday weekend.
(Weather and/or work scheduling conflicts could postpone the work)
RATE OUR WORK ZONES
- I-49: Lane closings in areas between Rich Hill and Nevada. Mile Markers 120-102. Resurfacing.
- Route A: One-lane traffic in areas between Rich Hill and the Missouri/Kansas state line. Patching.
- Route H: ROAD CLOSED over Mound Branch east of Butler. New Bridge. Use alternate routes. (Completion: August 2015)
- Route M: One-lane traffic in areas north of Route 7 west of Edwards.
- Route 32: ROAD CLOSED over Four Mile Creek near Long Lane. New Bridge. Detour: Dallas County Routes P and K. (Completion: August 2015)
Route 13 (Kansas Expressway) Pavement Rebuild Project in Springfield:
TURN LANE CLOSED: Southbound Kansas Expressway-to-eastbound Mount Vernon Street
TURN LANE CLOSED: Westbound Mount Vernon-to-northbound Kansas Expressway
One northbound and southbound lane CLOSED ‘round the clock between Chestnut Expressway and Mount Vernon Street
TRAFFIC CONGESTION can be expected
Completion: September 2015
- Battlefield Road/Route 65 Diverging Diamond Interchange in Springfield:
Battlefield Road traffic shifted to south onto new bridge over Route 65
TRAFFIC CONGESTION on Battlefield Road at Route 65. One lane open in each direction in diverging diamond traffic pattern.
Both northbound and southbound Route 65 traffic shifted AWAY from median. Lane shifts will remain in place until late August.
Lane closings possible at times on Route 65 during lower traffic volume times
Route 65 speed limit reduced to 50 mph at Battlefield Road
Crews and equipment entering and leaving work areas
Completion: September 2015
- Routes N/T at I-44 Bridge Replacement Project North of Republic (Mile Marker 67):
Route N/T bridge over I-44 CLOSED until mid-August
Nighttime lane closings possible at times on I-44 at Routes N/T. Work hours: 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Completion: October 2015
- Route 125 Railroad Bridge Project East of Springfield:
Route 125 CLOSED between Route D and Farm Road 164 until late October
Completion: November 2015
- Route 65: NIGHT WORK - Lane closings in areas between Springfield and Fair Grove. Resurfacing. Work hours: 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Route 160 (West Bypass): NIGHT WORK – Lane closings between Route 60 (James River Freeway) and I-44 in Springfield. Resurfacing and signal work. Work hours: 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Route 13 (Kansas Expressway): NIGHT WORK – Lane closings in areas between Norton Road and Chesterfield Boulevard in Springfield. Repairing storm drain inlets. Work hours: 6 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Route 18: ROAD CLOSED over Camp Branch west of Clinton. New bridge. Use alternate routes. (Completion: August 2015)
ROAD CLOSED:20th Street at Prigmor Avenue CLOSED for the duration of the project
Prigmor Avenue (County Road 190) bridge CLOSED over I-44/I-49 until fall
Apple Road CLOSED at Prigmor Avenue (County Road 190) for duration of the project. Drivers can use County Roads 170 and 180 to access Apple Road.
Narrowed lanes on I-44/I-49 for the duration of the project.
At least one lane of traffic open in each direction on I-44/I-49.
Completion: November 2015
- Route 39: (Elliott Avenue): NIGHT WORK – Lane closings in areas between Route 60 and Lewis Shaw Drive in Aurora. Repairing/replacing sidewalks. Work hours: 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Route 60 (Valley Street): Possible lane closings and crews and equipment close to traffic on Route 60 (Valley Street) at Route E in Granby. Building and upgrading sidewalks.
- Route 215:
ROAD CLOSED over Pomme de Terre River bridge east of Pleasant Hope. Bridge work. Detour: Greene/Polk County Route H, Greene County Route CC and Route 65. (Completion: August 2015)
St. Clair County
- Route D: ROAD CLOSED over Gallinipper Creek near Lowry City. Bridge deck replacement. Use alternate routes. (Completion: August 2015)
- I-49: NIGHT WORK - One northbound lane closed north of Nevada. Mile Marker 107. Repairing guardrail. Work begins after 7 p.m.
- Route E: ROAD CLOSED over Clear Creek east of Milo. Bridge rehabilitation. Use alternate routes. (Completion: August 2015)
- Route 60 Freeway Upgrade in Rogersville:
ROAD CLOSING: Farm Road 253 south of Route 60
CLOSED until it can be connected to the new interchange.
TRAFFIC SHIFT: Route 60 traffic shifted to future ramps at Routes B/VV until September. TRAFFIC CONGESTION is expected at Route 60 and Routes B/VV at times, especially during morning and afternoon rush hours
Lane closings possible at times on Route 60 in areas throughout the week during lower traffic volume times. Traffic congestion possible when lanes are closed.
Speed limit on Route 60 reduced to 45 mph during lane closings
CROSSOVER CLOSED PERMANENTLY: Greene County Farm Road 253 crossover in the Route 60 median in Rogersville CLOSED.
Trucks and equipment entering and leaving work areas
Crews and equipment close to traffic
Completion: December 2016