- Contact a Traffic Specialist who covers the area in which you are seeking a permit.
- Print and complete a hard copy of the application and mail associated documents to our office for issuance.
Depending upon the nature of the work, other documentation may be required before your permit can be processed (e.g. site plans, performance bond, certificate of liability, traffic studies, meeting with our personnel, etc). Highways with limited access right of way will require additional documentation and compensation fees.
Once you receive an issued permit for work to be performed on the right of way there are several steps that must be accomplished before you begin work.
- Request a Missouri One Call locate for existing utilities.
- If your work requires a lane closure you must submit a request a minimum of 2 working days in advance and receive authorization from our staff before closing any lanes of traffic.
- You must keep a copy of the permit and approved plans on the job site at all times.
- Contact the Traffic Specialist a minimum of 48 hours prior to beginning work and for all necessary inspections.