Springfield & Reeds Spring Begins Aug. 26
Greene/Christian/Stone Counties - Drivers can expect nighttime lane closings on Route 160/13 between Springfield and Branson West when resurfacing begins the week of Aug. 26, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
The resurfacing project is needed to keep the road surface smooth and in good condition.
Weather and construction delays may result in a change in the start and/or completion date.
The project covers 30 miles of Route 160/13 between Plainview Road in Springfield and a point just north of Business 13 near Branson West.
* All work will be done between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. Sunday-Friday. However, crews may work Saturday and Sundays as make-up days if weather postpones the work during the week.
* Drivers should be prepared for lane closings and to be escorted through work zones by pilot cars.
* No lanes will be closed during the day.
* Guardrail will be replaced and/or added.
* Contractor crews are expected to start at the south end of the project and work north toward Springfield.
Prime Contractor: APAC-Missouri, Columbia
Construction Cost: $4.5 million
Completion Date: Contract deadline is Nov. 1.
Follow MoDOT's Southwest District: facebook.com/MoDOT.Southwest, twitter.com/MoDOT_Southwest and pinterest.com/modotsouthwest