Work to widen Route 13 between Branson West and Kimberling City began May 2, 2011.
The project includes widening the two-lane roadway to four lanes between Business 13 at the south edge of Branson West and Joe Bald Road just north of Kimberling City.
A new mile-long section of Route 13 will be built to the west of the Stoneridge community, with the old segment becoming essentially a business loop.
In Kimberling City, several left-turn lanes will be lengthened.
On May 2, contractor crews will begin work near Rollin Acres Road, doing clearing and grading as well as relocating utility lines.
Much of the work planned will take place AWAY from traffic. However, crews and equipment will need to be very close to traffic at times.
Lane closings on Route 13 are scheduled for overnight hours between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m.
Driveways and entrances may be narrowed or closed at times.
Drivers are urged to use caution where crews are set up and working and to watch out for slow-moving construction vehicles.
- The project will build two northbound and two southbound lanes from the south edge of Branson West to Joe Bald Road.
- North of Rollin Acres Road, the existing roadway will be widened to four lanes.
- South of Rollin Acres Road, a new one-mile long section of four-lane roadway will be built to the west of the existing roadway. This new segment is needed because buildings along the existing highway are too close to the road to fit additional lanes.
- New traffic signals will be installed at Route 13 and Business 13 (south intersection) in Branson West
- Protected left-turn lanes for side roads and numerous business properties will be built on the widened portion of Route 13 north of Rollin Acres Road.
- Right-turn and southbound left-turn lanes will be built where the relocated segment of Route 13 begins on the north end of the project.
- A new intersection will be built in the middle of the one-mile long relocated segment of Route 13, with full access in and out of the Stoneridge business district. This new intersection will connect the new lanes with Stoneridge Center Road.
- A "slip ramp" will be built for northbound Route 13 traffic on the south end of the relocated segment. There will be two ramps to ensure easy access between the Stoneridge business district and Kimberling City.
- The existing road through the Stoneridge business district will be resurfaced.
- Route 13 will be resurfaced between Joe Bald Road and the bridge over Table Rock Lake at Kimberling City.
- At Joe Bald Road, the extra southbound lane will become a right-turn lane onto Joe Bald Road.
- A northbound Route 13 "climbing lane" will be built from Kimberling City up the hill approaching Joe Bald Road.
- In Kimberling City, existing left-turn lanes will be lengthened at Lakeshore Drive, Wildwood Lane/Kissee Avenue and Kimberling Boulevard-north.
- Two new bridges will be built -- one on Armadillo Road over Route 13 and on the south end of the relocated Route 13 at Stoneridge
The prime contractor on the project is Journagan Construction of Springfield, doing the work for a low bid amount of $11.5 million.
The project is scheduled for completion by December 2012.
Give us your comments on this project!
For more information, contact our Southwest District Office at 417.895.7600 or 1.888.275.6636 .
Last updated: Feb. 2012