U.S. 60 Rogersville
Weekly Construction Updates
Project Animation (MP4)
Construction is underway on a project to upgrade U.S. 60 to a freeway through Rogersville.
The project which runs between Greene County Farm Road 241 west of Rogersville and Peck Hollow Road east of Rogersville will make Route 60 a safer roadway with improved connectivity for the Rogersville community. It also is another step toward eliminating all "at-grade" intersections along Route 60 between Springfield and Rogersville, a long term goal of MoDOT and communities along the corridor.
- Build an interchange at Route 60 and Farm Road 253
- Build an interchange at Route 60 and Routes B/VV
- Build an overpass over Route 60 at Farm Road 247
- Build two-way backage roads with one-way outer road
- Widen Farm Road 253 between Route 60 and Center Street
- Reconfigure intersection of Route VV and Redbud Street
- Improve the intersection of Route VV and Johnstown Drive
- Add turn lanes on Route 60 at Chicory Road and at Peck Hollow Road
Give us your comments on this project!
Here are sketches of the new interchanges.
|Interchange Design at Routes B/VV
||Interchange Design at Farm Road 253
The project is being designed and built by Ozark Regional Road Constructors (ORRC) which is a team of engineering and construction companies:
Radmacher Brothers Excavating Company, Inc. -- Pleasant Hill, MO
Reynolds, Smith & Hills, Inc. -- Jacksonville, FL
CFS Engineers -- Kansas City, MO
Palmerton & Parrish, Inc. -- Springfield, MO
TREKK Design Group, LLC -- Kansas City, MO
Hg Consult, Inc. -- Kansas City, MO
Fall 2013 -- The district prepares request for qualifications and request for proposal documents.
December 2, 2013 -- An informational meeting for potential design-build teams interested in the project held.
- January through April 2014 -- Evaluation process for design-build teams and their proposals.
- June 2014 -- Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awards contract.
- August 2014 -- A design public meeting will be scheduled.
- September 2014 -- Construction begins on the project.
- December 2016 -- Project is completed.
1. Deliver the project within the programmed budget of $35 million.
2. Convert U.S. 60 into a freeway between County Road 241 on the west and near Chicory Road on the east, providing two points of controlled access to U.S. 60 in the vicinity of Greene County Farm Road 253 and Webster County Route B/VV.
3. Engage stakeholders and the community to develop and deliver the project while minimizing impacts.
4. Impress our customers through innovative traffic control solutions that conveniently, efficiently and safely move drivers through the project during and after construction.
5. Create a new model for purchasing right-of-way on a design-build project.
6. Complete the project by December 2016.
For more information, contact our Southwest District Office at 1.888.275.6636 .