Construction: Sept. 2012 until May 2013
- Build new West Bypass (Route 160) bridge over I-44 in northwest Springfield
- Add new traffic signals at ramps on south side of interchange; replace traffic signal on north end of interchange
Traffic Impacts During Construction
- West Bypass and I-44 CLOSED over two separate weekends for bridge demolition
- Two-way traffic on West Bypass over I-44 during bridge construction
- Lane closings at night on I-44 at times
- Traffic shifts and restricted turn movements on West Bypass at I-44
Construction cost: $3.5 million
Prime contractor: Lehman Construction of California, MO
Give us your comments on this project!
For more information, contact our Southwest District Office at 1.888.275.6636 .