Kansas Exp./James River Freeway
Diverging Diamond Interchange
Related News Releases
Work Begins Oct. 29, 2012
Completion: August 2013
- Convert Kansas Expressway (Route 13) at James River Freeway (Route 60) to a 'Diverging Diamond Interchange'
- Repair concrete pavement in southbound lanes north of interchange
- Upgrade traffic signals
- Build sidewlak along Kansas Expressway between Kingsley Street and Chesterfield Boulevard
Traffic Impacts During Construction
- Traffic shifts and lane closings at times.
- Closing of Kansas Expressway over a weekend to make conversion to 'Diverging Diamond Interchange'
- During construction, two southbound lanes and one northbound lane of Kansas Expressway to remain open much of the time.
Cost: $2.6 million
Project is a partnership between MoDOT, city of Springfield and Greene County.
Give us your comments on this project!
For more information, contact our Southwest District Office at 1.888.275.6636 .
Last updated: October 2012