How do I drive through the Diverging Diamond Interchange?
Diverging Diamond Explanation Brochure (PDF)
What does a Diverging Diamond Interchange Look Like?
MoDOT engineers believe the Diverging Diamond Interchange is a good fit for some interchanges where space and funds are limited. It also works well when there is a good deal of left-turning traffic.
The design helps relieve congestion in a tight area and is a quicker, cheaper reconstruction than more conventional interchange projects:
There are eight Diverging Diamond Interchanges in the Southwest District.
- Kansas Expressway (Route 13) at I-44 in Springfield - 2009
- National Avenue at James River Freeway (Route 60) in Springfield - 2010
- Route 248 at Route 65 in Branson - 2011
- Chestnut Expressway (Bus. 65) at Route 65 in Springfield - 2012
- Range Line Road (Bus. 49) at I-44 in Joplin - 2013
- Kansas Expressway (Route 13) at James River Freeway (Route 60) in Springfield - 2013
- Battlefield Road at Route 65 in Springfield - 2015
- Christian County Route CC/J at Route 65 in Ozark - 2016
For more information, contact our Southwest District Office at 417.895.7600 or 1.888.275.6636 .