- Install new traffic signal at Battlefield Road and Woodstock Avenue
- November 2014-January 2015
- Build auxiliary lanes along Route 65 between Sunshine Street and Battlefield Road
- January 2015-May 2015
- Replace south half of Battlefield Road bridge over Route 65
- Convert interchange to Diverging Diamond traffic pattern
- Raise ramps on south side of interchange to meet higher bridge
- Improve intersection of Battlefield Road and Woodstock Avenue and install new traffic signal
- May 2015-August 2015
- Replace north half of Battlefield Road bridge over Route 65
- Raise ramps on north side of interchange to meet higher bridge
- August 2015-September 2015
- Open Diverging Diamond interchange to two lanes in each direction
- Build new islands and medians
- Nighttime lane closings on Battlefield Road and on Route 65. Work hours: 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Switch to Diverging Diamond traffic pattern in January or February
- Route 65 CLOSED up to 30 hours on two different occasions for bridge demolition. During the closings, Route 65 traffic routed over the ramps.
- Ramps at interchange CLOSED up to two weeks (only two ramps closed at a time)
- Battlefield Road over Route 65 CLOSED up to 32 hours for switch to final configuration
- During daytime hours, one lane in each direction will remain open on Battlefield Road and six lanes will remain open on Route 65
Completion: September 30, 2015
Project cost: $12.5 million
Project is a partnership between MoDOT, city of Springfield, Greene County, Ozarks Transportation Organization, Jack Henry & Associates, Justice Jewelers and McLean Enterprises, Inc.
Construction/Traffic Impact Public Meeting Scheduled for Nov. 18, 2014
Project Scheduled to Begin Week of Oct. 13, 2014
Give us your comments on this project!