We want to know what you think about MoDOT plans to build turn lanes on Route 744 & Route OO/Route 125 between Springfield and Strafford.
An open-house style public meeting is scheduled for 4-6 p.m. Monday, June 4, at Strafford City Hall, 126 S. Washington Avenue. MoDOT engineers will be on hand to explain the projects.
We have links to the three project maps below.
Here's a look at what's planned:
Route 744 at Mustard Way in Springfield:
- Build eastbound-to-northbound left-turn lane.
- Build westbound-to-northbound right-turn lane.
- Widen intersection slightly to improve turning radius.
Route 744/Route OO at Mulroy Road (Farm Road 199) between Springfield and Strafford:
- Build right-turn lane from westbound-to-northbound.
- Build left-turn lanes on Route 744 at Mulroy Road (Farm Road 199).
- Lengthen right-turn lane from southbound-to-westbound.
Route OO/Route 125 at Washington Avenue in Strafford:
- Build left-turn lanes on RouteOO/Route 125 at Washington Avenue.
- Build right-turn lane from eastbound Route OO/Route 125 to southbound Washington Avenue.
- Build curb and gutter and install storm sewer drains along north side of Route OO/Route 125 between Jefferson Street and a point west of Washington Avenue.
The project's aim is to improve safety and traffic flow at the intersections.
Construction is scheduled to begin in the spring of 2014. The estimated cost is $1.1 million.
Online Meeting Information
Click here to Comment
For more information, contact our Southwest District Office at 417.895.7600 or 1.888.275.6636 .
Last updated: May 2012