MoDOT Holds Ribbon Cutting to Celebrate Completion of Route 34 Project in Wayne County
SIKESTON-The Missouri Department of Transportation held a ribbon cutting ceremony Tuesday, April 19, to celebrate the completion of improvements to Route 34 in Wayne County. The ceremony was held at 10:30 a.m. at the Trinity United Methodist Church, located on Route 34 between Piedmont and Patterson.
• Mr. Brian Polk, Presiding Commissioner of Wayne County
• Mr. Kevin Ward, U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration
• Mr. William Kirkpatrick, Mayor of the City of Piedmont
• Mr. Robert Gayle, President of the Piedmont Chamber of Commerce
• Mr. Harold Ellinghouse, Wayne County Banner Journal
• Mr. Dean Finch, President of the Patterson Community Center
• Ms. Linda Lunyou, President of the Wayne County Historical Society
• MoDOT Southeast District Engineer Mark Shelton
The project included grading, paving, adding shoulders and some realignment of Route 34 from Piedmont to Patterson.
Improvements also included resurfacing with paved shoulders from Patterson to the new Route 34 realignment at Silva.
"This project improved safety on Route 34 and increased the level of service from Piedmont to Silva," said Project Manager Eric Krapf.
This is one of the Southeast District's American Recovery and Reinvestment Act projects. The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded a $10,490,752 contract for the project to H.R Quadri Contractors, LLC, Van Buren, Mo., in July 2009.
For more information, please contact Krapf at (573) 472-5261, Resident Engineer Steve Bubanovich at (573) 840-9781 or MoDOT's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636).