Route AB Extension Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
SIKESTON - The Missouri Department of Transportation and Cape Girardeau County Commission held a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the completion of the extension of Route AB in Cape Girardeau County on Tuesday, Oct. 18. The ceremony began at 8:30 a.m. at the Cape Girardeau Maintenance Facility at 3359 East Outer Rd. North, Scott City, Mo.
• The Honorable United States Representative Jo Ann Emerson
• Mr. Tom Schulte on behalf of United States Senator Roy Blunt
• The Honorable Billy Pat Wright, Missouri House of Representatives, District 159
• The Honorable Ellen Brandom, Missouri House of Representatives, District 160
• The Honorable Paul Koeper, Cape Girardeau County Commissioner
• Mr. Larry Bock, Former Cape Girardeau County Commissioner
• Mr. Mark Shelton, MoDOT's SE District Engineer
The project included Cape Girardeau County acquiring right-of-way for the extension, construction of the Route AB embankment and drainage structures. The extension of Route AB included grading and paving. In addition, a roundabout was constructed at the intersection of Routes 25, 77 and AB to help traffic flow through the area. The finished route is part of the state system.
"The completed improvements directly connect Route 25 and Interstate 55," said
District Construction and Materials Engineer Andy Meyer. "Not only do improvements include direct access to the interstate, this project also improves safety at the Blomeyer intersection."
For more information, please contact District Construction and Materials Engineer Andy Meyer at (573) 472-5296, Assistant Resident Engineer Darius Dowdy at (573) 243-0899 or MoDOT's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636).