SIKESTON -The first sections of the new four-lane Route 67 are now open to traffic. These improvements extend from the previously four-lane Route 67 in Butler County to two miles south of Route F in Wayne County. To celebrate these improvements, the Missouri Department of Transportation and the Highway 67 Corporation invite the public and media to attend the ribbon cutting ceremony on Monday, Nov. 23 beginning at 11 a.m.
The event will be held on the Morse property, located approximately two miles north of the York Village convenience store. To access the property, travel north on Route 67 to County Road 547, then turn left and travel south approximately one-eighth of a mile. The property is located on the right. Signs will be in place the day of the event.
Anticipated speakers include:
· United States Representative Jo Ann Emerson
· Tom Schulte on behalf of United States Senator Kit Bond
· Dr. Tom Lawson of the Highway 67 Corporation
· State Representative Gayle Kingery
· Mayor of Poplar Bluff Loyd Matthews
· MoDOT Southeast District Planning Manager Bill Robison
· MoDOT Southeast District Engineer Mark Shelton
In case of inclement weather, the ceremony will be moved to the lobby of the Black River Coliseum, 301 South 5th Street, Poplar Bluff. (We currently plan to hold the ribbon cutting at the Morse property).
For more information about the Route 67 project, please contact Project Manager Andy Meyer at (573) 472-5296. For more information about the ribbon cutting, please contact Community Relations Specialist Marissa Van Robey at (573) 472-5333.