SIKESTON-To celebrate the approaching completion of the Route Y project in Stoddard County, the Missouri Department of Transportation plans to hold a ribbon cutting ceremony on Wednesday, Aug. 12. The ceremony will begin at 10 a.m. at Nestle Purina PetCare Company, 22450 E. State Highway Y. The public and media are invited to attend.
In case of inclement weather, the ribbon cutting will be moved inside Nestle Purina's facilities.
Anticipated speakers include:
· Tom Schulte on behalf of U.S. Senator Kit Bond
· Josh Haynes on behalf of U.S. Representative Jo Ann Emerson
· State Representative Billy Pat Wright, District 159
· State Representative Steve Hodges, District 161
· Nestle Purina Logistics Manager Dan Heil
· MoDOT Southeast District Project Manager Eric Krapf
The project included grading, paving and drainage work from Route 25 to the Union Pacific railroad crossing.
"Depite delays for rain, we are nearing completion of the project. Every attempt is being made to open the route to traffic by the time school starts," said Project Manager Eric Krapf. "However, the most recent rain event may extend the opening of Route Y a few days into the school year."
For more information about the Route Y project, please contact Project Manager Eric Krapf at (573) 472-5261. For more information about the ribbon cutting, please call MoDOT's Customer Service Center at (573) 472-5333.