I-55 Interchange/East Main St./LaSalle Ave. Ribboncutting Ceremony
Monday, Dec. 17 at 11:00 a.m.
SIKESTON-A ribboncutting ceremony will be held Monday, Dec. 17 at 11 a.m. to commemorate the Interstate 55/East Main St./LaSalle Ave. Interchange.
The public is invited to attend the event. The ceremony will be held at the interchange site via East Main St. in Jackson. In case of inclement weather, the event will be moved to the Missouri Department of Conservation Campus at the Cape Girardeau County Park.
Anticipated speakers include-
· U.S. Rep. Jo Ann Emerson
· Tom Schulte on behalf of U.S. Sen. Kit Bond
· Bob Burns on behalf of U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill
· Dr. Ken Dobbins, Southeast Missouri State University
· Cape Girardeau Mayor Jay Knudtson
· Jackson Mayor Barbara Lohr
· Cape Girardeau County Commissioner Gerald Jones
· MoDOT Southeast District Engineer Mark Shelton
The Interstate 55/East Main St./LaSalle Ave. Interchange project included grading, paving and bridge construction for the interchange located about two and a half miles north of the Route 34/61 interchange with I-55 (Center Junction Exit 99). The $8,162,125 contract was awarded to Dumey Contracting, Inc., last year.
For more information, contact MoDOT's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636).