SIKESTON-A ribbon cutting ceremony will be held on Friday, Sept. 7 at 9:30 a.m., to officially commemorate the completion of the second phase of the Route 34/72 improvement project. The ceremony will be held at the Jackson Medical Center, 2387 W. Jackson Blvd. in Jackson. In case of inclement weather, the event will be moved inside to the R.O. Hawkins Junior High School, 210 N. West Lane in Jackson.
Anticipated speakers include:
· Jackson Mayor Barbara Lohr
· Penzel Construction Project Manager Paul Koepper
· Cape County Commissioner Jay Purcell
· Jackson Chamber President Marybeth Williams
· Kristi Nitsch on behalf of Representative Jo Ann Emerson
· Tom Schulte on behalf of Senator Kit Bond
· MoDOT Southeast District Engineer Mark Shelton
The Route 34/72 project extends from one mile west of the Route 25 intersection to 2.2 miles west of Route 25, and includes widening and resurfacing.
For more information, contact Community Relations Manager Angie Wilson at (573) 472-6632 or call MoDOT's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636).