Following is a list of possible resources for your education campaign and video public service announcement. You are responsible for contacting and scheduling all speakers and presentations at your school.
- SIDNE: Simulated Impaired DriviNg Experience or SIDNE® is a battery-powered vehicle that simulates the effects of impairment from alcohol or other drug on a motorist’s driving skills. SIDNE® operates in two modes. In Normal Mode, the vehicle's steering, braking and acceleration respond appropriately. In Impaired Mode, the vehicle reacts with delayed steering, braking and acceleration, simulating the effects of a vehicle being driven by an impaired driver.
- Safety Belt Convincer: The Safety Belt Convincer is a traffic crash simulator designed to convince drivers and passengers to buckle up. Participants are seat-belted into a cart that is propelled down a ramp and then brought to an abrupt stop, allowing the passengers to experience the sensation of a traffic crash.
- Videos: The Missouri State Highway Patrol has a number of compelling videos on the subject of seatbelt use.
To schedule any of these resources for your school please contact your local Missouri State Highway Patrol troop via their web site, www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov or find information on www.saveMOlives.com.
Division of Highway Safety:
- PowerPoint presentations
- Television and Radio spots focusing on safety belt use for young drivers
- Call 800-800-BELT for materials or visit www.savemolives.com for youth statistics, videos and more.
ThinkFirst, Missouri: Michelle Gibler, director, 573-882-2370, e-mail: email@example.com. The mission of ThinkFirst Missouri is to educate the public, especially adolescents, about their vulnerability to brain and spinal cord injury, common causes of these injuries, and how to prevent them. ThinkFirst Missouri provides the following programs and services:
- School Assembly Program
- Community / Corporate Traffic Safety Program
- ThinkFirst For KIDS
- Traffic Offenders Program
- Reinforcement Program
- National ThinkFirst Chapter Director Training
- ThinkFirst Speaker Training Workshops
Missouri State Council of the Emergency Nurse’s Association: The ENA can provide school assemblies and presentations. Contact:
Missouri State Council of the Emergency Nurse’s Association
13424 Jay Drive
Neosho, MO 64850
Missouri Youth Adult Alliance (MYAA):
428 E. Capitol Avenue
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Phone: (573) 635-6669
Missouri Department of Public Safety
Division of Alcohol and Tobacco
111 North 7th Street
St. Louis MO 63101
Motivational Media Assemblies
2000 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, California 91506
St. John's Trauma Center
Pam Holt, RN, BSN
St. John's/Kohl's Injury Prevention Center
1570 W. Battlefield, Suite 110
Springfield, MO 65807
417-820-6672 or 417-818-7738
University of MO-Columbia
University of Missouri - Columbia
One Hospital Dr/DC046.00
Columbia, MO 65212
You will need to contact program speakers for your campaign directly. If you encounter any difficulties contacting a speaker or resource, please contact the MoDOT’s Highway Safety Division at 800-800-BELT.
For additional resource and program ideas, contact your regional Team Leader or visit www.saveMOlives.com.
2009 Battle of the Belt Resource Kit
All of the information contained in the Resource Kit can be found on this website. It is provided in paper format for your convenience and is to be used as a supplement to the on-line system. The 2009 Battle of the Belt Resource Kit has been revised and updated from years past. If you have a copy from previous years please refer to this version for correct information.
2009 Battle of the Belt Resource Kit