Safety Belt Competition
|Statewide Recognition: **New for 2009**
Schools will receive statewide recognition for safety belt usage rates that reach the following levels during the 2nd safety belt survey:
- Gold level: schools with 99% of students wearing safety belts
- Silver level: schools with 95% of students wearing safety belts
- Bronze level: schools with 91% of students wearing safety belts
Two schools in each of the 10 Missouri regions will receive prize money for:
- Highest overall safety belt use rate
- Most improved safety belt use rate
All percentages will be derived by MoDOT's Central Office using the following formula: (2nd survey use rate-1st survey use rate)/1st survey use rate.
Public Service Announcement (PSA) Competition
- Prize money to the school producing the winning 30-second video
- Professional production of the video for possible use in local and statewide media
NOTE: Winners are encouraged to use the prize money to further traffic safety efforts in the schools or communities.