In 2012 - Did you know?
- Since 2000, 16 MoDOT employees have been killed in the line of duty
- Between 2008 and 2012, 60 people were killed and 3,651 people were injured in Missouri works zones
- 8 people were killed in highway work zones last year, a decrease from 2011 when 11 people were killed
- 623 people were injured in work zones, compared to 712 people in 2011
- Top contributing factors to crashes in work zones include: following too close, inattention, improper lane use or change, failure to yield and driving too fast for conditions
- The best defense in a work zone crash or any crash is a seat belt! In 2012, nearly 71 percent of the 614 vehicle occupant fatalities were not wearing a seat belt.
Do's & Don't's
- Slow down and pay attention when driving through a work zone
- Don't text and drive (anytime!)
- Call customer service at 1-888 ASK MODOT (1-888-275-6636)
for any questions about work zones
- Always wear your seat belt!
Learn more at modot.org