Household Goods Mover Requirements
Household goods carriers must obtain operating authority from MoDOT Motor Carrier Services before operating in or between Missouri municipalities and/or in commercial zones.
Household goods carriers must also file applications to reflect increases and decreases in operational costs.
Gaining operating authority in Missouri includes an application process. The Application to Operate Intrastate (MO-1 Form) guides you through the process. It prompts you to:
- Provide proof of insurance. Click Here to see Household Goods Motor Carrier Insurance Requirements
- Pay $10 per vehicle.
- Demonstrate satisfactory safety fitness.
- Report whether you intend to carry hazardous materials.
- Declare your intent to operate wholly within Missouri commercial zones.
- Provide a list of your vehicles' type, model year, make, reasonable value and ownership status.
- Provide proof of financial fitness.
Missouri regulations protect consumers on intrastate moves and define the rights and responsibilities of consumers and household goods carriers.
Every mover is required by law to provide this booklet to customers prior to their move!