motor carrier homepage Springfield Area District Contact, Survey, Jobs, News, Site Map
Our mission is to provide a world-class transportation experience that delights our customers and promotes a prosperous Missouri.
Unified Carrier Registration
Missouri Carriers Can Apply Through MoDOT

Who Is Subject to UCR?  Any motor carrier that operates in interstate commerce or operates in the United States - even if they are based in Canada or Mexico - is subject to UCR.  This includes motor carriers for hire, motor private carriers, brokers, freight forwarders and leasing companies.

Are Missouri carriers required to file for UCR in other states? 

No. MoDOT is pleased to announce that legislation passed in 2008 that allows us to process these applications for you as your base state.  Applications sent to other states will be returned to you. 

How do I file with Missouri?  You can visit our Web site:

Enter your password and userID to access the system. If you do not have a password or userID, send an e-mail request to

Where does MCS get the number of commercial motor vehicles on my renewal form? 

The information is taken from the number of commercial motor vehicles listed on the last MCS-150 form you submitted with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).  If this number is incorrect, you must refile an MCS-150 before submitting a UCR form. You can update online at:

Can Missouri-based carriers, brokers, leasing companies and freight forwarders still register at the national Web site?

Yes. Carriers with Internet access and a credit card or e-check can use Remember to indicate that your base state is Missouri.

What is the filing and payment deadline?

States will enforce payment of the 2009 fees January 1, 2009

What are the UCR fees?





Number of CMVs owned or operated by exempt or non-exempt motor carrier, motor private carrier or freight forwarder Fee per company for exempt or non-exempt motor carrier, motor private carrier or freight forwarder

Fee per company for broker or leasing company


















1,001 and more


What type of payments does Missouri accept?

You may pay by check (made payable to Department of Revenue), e-check (a 60 cent fee is charged), or a credit or debit card from MasterCard, Discover, American Express or Visa (a convenience fee is charged). 

Will I need to carry a credential or something in the truck? 

No.You are not required to carry any proof of compliance in the vehicle. You can carry the receipt for payment of the fees if you choose.

I am out of business and don’t need a USDOT number anymore. Should I file the UCR form?      No.  Fill out items 1-16 of a new MCS 150 form(see the link above), check the Out of Business box at the top of the form, sign and mail it to:


Attn: USDOT Number Application

1200 New Jersey Avenue SE

Washington, DC 20590.

Can I see what the UCR board is doing?

Sure. Visit the UCR update Web site:

to see the public record. You’ll find a list of board members, their meeting minutes, a question and answer sheet and the Unified Carrier Registration Act of 2005 language.








NEWS Kansas City Area Southwest District North Central District Central District Springfield Area Northeast District St. Louis Area South Central District Southeast District Northwest District