There are three methods to submit a permit application for work to be performed on MoDOT right of way.
1. Preferred – Fill out the fields below and click “Submit” at the bottom. The form will automatically be sent to the District 4 Permits Department for processing.
2. Phone or E-mail: Determine what county you are working in and contact the Traffic Specialist who oversees that particular area. The contact information for the D4 Traffic Specialist’s is located here.
3. Print and Send: An o-line application can be printed and filled out from here and mailed to our office at: D4 Permits, 600 N.E. Colbern Rd., Lee’s Summit, MO 64086. All other inquiries can be sent to Sherita White at 816-607-2179.
In order to better assist you, and insure that your application is received by the proper personnel, please fill out the forms precisely and identify the correct county and Traffic Specialist who oversees your location.
Depending upon the nature of the work, other documentation may be required before your permit can be processed. (e.g. site plans, performance bond, certificate of liability, traffic studies, meeting with our personnel, etc…)
Once a Permit is Issued
Once you receive an issued permit for work to be performed on the right of way there are several steps that must be accomplished before you begin work.
1. Request a Missouri One Call locate for existing utilities at 800-DIG-RITE (800-344-7483)
2. Complete the online “Notice of Intent” form to work on the right of way.
3. If your work requires a “Lane Closure” you must submit a request a minimum of 2 working days in advance and receive authorization from our staff before closing any lanes of traffic. This request is included on the “Notice of Intent” form.
4. You must keep a copy of the permit and approved plans on the job site at all times.
5. Contact the Traffic Specialist a minimum of 48 hours prior to beginning work and for all necessary inspections.