MoDOT is committed to the professional development of all employees and strives to ensure everyone receives the necessary technical and professional training to do their jobs. This is to prepare employees to assume increased responsibilities and future promotions. Both the organization and employee benefits from lifelong learning. A balanced approach to continuously improving supervisory, managerial, and technical skills ensures career development.
The following represents the types of training available to MoDOT employees:
- Web-based Learning Management System
- Can access thousands of on-line training courses with titles in leadership,
supervision, and technology.
- Tracks all training completed, both on-line and classroom learning, in a comprehensive
transcript for each employee.
- Week long basic supervision curriculum.
- Two-week advanced management development institute.
- Entry-level and advanced technical training for Operations staff including:
Dumptruck Operation Tractor/Mowing Operations
Loader Operation Snowplow Operations
Work Zone Operations Excavation Operations
Flagger Operations Radio Operations
- Computer system and software training offered through MOTEC.
- Many other job-specific training opportunities.