The Missouri Department of Transportation's Internship program gives students the chance to get out of the classroom and into the workplace. You can receive hands-on experience in your career field and earn money doing it.
Internship Program lets you:
- Test-drive your career choice
- Develop competitive job skills
- Establish professional contacts
- Receive real-world experience
Program to Help Many Majors
MoDOT offers Internship opportunities in several fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Human Resources
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Journalism and Communications
- Business Administration
- Flexible hours
- Paid positions
- Summer hours
- Wages are determined by number of credit hours and number of summers in program
Civil Engineering Interns
When needed, MoDOT offers intern opportunities in bridge, construction, design, planning, traffic, research, or materials.
- Enrollment in civil engineering at a college accredited to award a BSCE
- Completion of freshman year (normally 30 semester hours in pre-civil engineering course work)
- Enrollment in pre-civil engineering at a college having a transfer agreement, with an intent to obtain a BSCE (normally 30 semester hours in pre-civil engineering course work)
- Internship opportunities in bridge require completing the junior year (normally 90 semester hours in civil engineering) at an accredited civil engineering college.