Missouri River Bridge Traffic Switch Complete
Work to switch traffic from the westbound Route 54/63 bridge over the Missouri River in Jefferson City to the eastbound bridge so the westbound structure can be painted is complete. The westbound bridge closed about 8 p.m. on Sunday, May 1.
The eastbound bridge has been restriped to carry two lanes of eastbound and two lanes of westbound traffic. Speed limits on and near the bridge are reduced.
In addition to the bridge closure, the following access ramps are now closed:
- All access ramps from Route 54/63 to and from West Main Street;
- The eastbound on-ramp from McCarty St. to Route 54/63; and
- The westbound on-ramp from Route W to Route 54/63.
The westbound bridge will be closed for painting and repairs for about four months.
Tools Available to Help Bridge Commuters
MoDOT offers a
a variety of tools to help bridge commuters stay informed. (MORE)
Westbound Missouri River Bridge Maintenance Webpage
If you would like to receive periodic email updates on this project, please enter your email address below:
Columbia I-70 Bridges
Traffic Impacts Week of May 2
Note: The eastbound I-70 traffic switch at Range Line did not take place overnight on May 2 due to heavy fog. The traffic switch will occur overnight tonight - May 3.
Range Line Street
- Range Line Street at Interstate 70 will be closed for 20 days beginning May 3.
- While the off-ramps at the interchange and the eastbound I-70 on ramp will remain open, drivers will only be able to make right turns as there will be no through lane open on Range Line.
- Motorists are advised to avoid the work area as much as possible, as traffic delays and backups are likely, especially on side streets.
- The primary focus will be to keep traffic from backing up on I-70, which means there will likely be minor delays on other routes as a result.
- Eastbound I-70 drivers whose destination is south of I-70 are encouraged to use Stadium Boulevard to bypass the construction, although they can still go right on Range Line as well.
- Those needing access north of the I-70 work area can take Providence Road, though Providence could move slowly due to the additional traffic volumes.
- Route 63 travelers should use Stadium Boulevard to avoid the I-70 construction.
- The Range Line closure will allow the contractor, Emery Sapp and Sons, to build a “dogbone” interchange at Range Line and I-70. The interchange, sometimes called a double roundabout interchange, will consist of two tear-shaped roundabouts that join together to form a single roundabout. Video animations showing both the old and new Range Line interchange can be found on the project website at www.modot.org/ColumbiaBridges.
Business Loop/Creasy Springs
- Creasy Springs Road at Business Loop remains closed through mid-May.
- In addition, the eastbound Interstate 70 off-ramp at Business Loop will remain closed through the end of next week so the ramp can be widened.
- Drivers will need to use city streets to get around the closures.
Visit www.modot.org/ColumbiaBridges for complete information on pedestrian impacts.
View construction progress and traffic flow
Business Loop and Rangeline - http://sapp.fullstreamwireless.com/
Garth - http://oxblue.com/open/modot/cams
For more information or to sign up for weekly e-mail updates, visit the project website at: www.modot.org/ColumbiaBridges
Repairs in Store for Lamine River Bridges
Project Will Have Major Impact on I-70 Travel
Both the eastbound and westbound bridges that carry Interstate 70 over the Lamine River west of Boonville will be repaired this summer under a contract awarded yesterday by the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission. The $3.8 million contract was awarded to APAC-Missouri of Columbia.
Work on the project will begin in early June and will eventually reduce I-70 traffic to one lane in each direction. However, the work requiring the full bridge closures and head-to-head traffic on I-70 will not start until after the Fourth of July and will be completed before Labor Day. The entire project is scheduled for completion in November. (MORE)
Lamine River Bridge Repairs Webpage
Lafayette Street Interchange Project
Scheduled Work During the Week of May 2 (please note that all activities and schedules are weather permitting): Contractors will continue work on the MSE walls south of Route 50/63 at Jackson Street and are also working on eastbound Route 50/63 bridge over Lafayette.
NOTE: There will be periodic lane closures in the driving lane of eastbound Route 50/63 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, May 1 thru Saturday, May 8 from Monroe St. to Chestnut St.
Helpful Links :
Lafayette Interchange Website
First of Two Boone County Bridge Replacements Underway
Work to replace the Bonne Femme Creek bridge on the Route 63 Outer Road in Boone County is underway. The new bridge, located south of Bonne Femme Church Road, will be wider than the current bridge and will also have new concrete barrier curbs and guardrail.
The road will be closed between Bonne Femme Church Road and Missouri Route 163 until July to accommodate the bridge replacement. (MORE)
DETOUR INFORMATION (Click to Zoom):
Bonne Femme Detour Flyer (PDF)