Route 5 & I-70 Interchange in Boonville Open Early
Pavement replacement work on the Route 5 interchange at Interstate 70 in Boonville has been completed and the interchange is now open, more than a week ahead of the scheduled Oct. 6 completion date. Route 5 at Fuqua Drive is also open, as well as the on and off ramps to and from I-70. The interchange closed on Sept. 21.
I-70 Bridge Replacement Project Update
Work is underway on replacing the Interstate 70 bridges at Business Loop 70, Garth Avenue and Rangeline Street.
Expected traffic impacts week of Sept. 28
- Northbound and southbound lane closures on Rangeline. Drivers are encouraged to use other routes, such as Providence Road, during this time.
- The right southbound lane of Rangeline Road from Vandiver Drive to the eastbound off ramp to Interstate 70 will be closed for the next two weeks, as will the right northbound lane of Rangeline from the entrance to Boone Electric Cooperative through the intersection of the westbound off ramp to I-70. One northbound and one southbound lane will be open at all times.
- The contractor will continue driving piling and building retaining walls for the new bridge over Rangeline Road.
Work at Garth
- Earth work will take place for the new westbound I-70 bypass. Motorists should be alert to trucks entering and leaving the work site during daytime hours.
- In addition, the contractor will perform earth reinforcement at each of the new bridge ends for the westbound bypass over Garth Avenue.
- The sidewalk at Garth will be closed to pedestrian traffic until mid- to late November. A map showing the pedestrian detour route can be found on the project website - www.modot.org/ColumbiaBridges.
For more information about traffic impacts, construction schedules and other information, click the link below.
Columbia I-70 Bridges Project Website
Pedestrian Detours Established
The sidewalks along Rangeline Street (Route 763) between Interstate 70 and Vandiver Drive in Columbia have been closed as part of the project to replace the I-70 bridges at Business Loop 70, Garth Avenue and Rangeline Street. The sidewalks will remain closed for several months as construction takes place.
Maps showing the pedestrian detour route and the COMO Black Connector Route can be found online at www.modot.org/ColumbiaBridges.
Rangeline Pedestrian Detour Map
COMO Black Connector Route Map
Lafayette Project Brings Changes to U.S. Route 50/63
Work on the new Lafayette Interchange project in Jefferson City has brought changes for motorists traveling both directions on U.S. Route 50/63 in Jefferson City.
Both westbound lanes of Route 50/63 will be diverted down the new Lafayette off ramp. Traffic will continue across Lafayette Street, travel up the new on ramp and back onto westbound 50/63. Motorists currently have access to Lafayette Street at this location, but on Aug. 27 access to Lafayette will be closed. This configuration is anticipated to remain in place until June of 2016. This will allow workers to safely continue construction of the new interchange. Also, the eastbound lanes of 50/63 will be reduced to eleven feet through the work area near Lafayette Street. This alignment will remain in place until the end of this year.
Route 50/63 Lafayette Traffic Diagram
Lafayette Interchange Website