A new Missouri law,effective August 28,2006, says your child must be in a booster seat if they are ages 4 through 7 who weigh at least 40 pounds, unless they are 80 pounds or 4’9” tall.
Missouri's Child Restraint Law
• Children less than 4 years old or less than 40 pounds must be in an appropriate child safety seat.
• Children ages 4 through 7 who weigh at least 40 pounds must be in an appropriate child safety seat or booster seat unless they are 80 pounds or 4'9" tall.
• Children 8 and over or weighing at least 80 pounds or at least 4’9” tall are required to be secured by a safety belt or buckled into an appropriate booster seat.
The fine for violating this law is $50 plus court costs.
For more information on child passenger safety.
Public Service Annoncements
Your parents love you.
We are big kids.
More information on Child Safety Seats
• Sit Tight, Tips for Avoiding Injury in a Crash brochure (226 kb, 2 pages)
• 7 out of 10 Kids brochure (394 kb, 2 pages)
Resources on Booster Seats
New Child Passenger Restraint Law
SAFE KIDS Coalition Contacts (25 kbs,1 page)
Spread the Word...
For more information, call the Missouri
Department of Transportation at
800-800-2358 or 573-751-4161, or go to
www.modot.org or www.boosterseat.gov