I-44 and Route 141 Improvement Design-Build Project
What is the problem?
The interchange of I-44 and Route 141 is exceptionally crowded during morning and evening commutes. With several major arterials, including Vance, leading to Route 141 near I-44, the roadway remains exceptionally congested.
What is the current situation?
MoDOT is looking at ways to improve the area using a process called design-build. This process, similar to that used for the New I-64 project, the Daniel Boone Bridge and the Route 364 Phase 3 project, involves hiring one contracting team to design and construct a specific highway project. This technique has been known to significantly save time and provide cost savings
In this case, the project is to improve the flow of traffic between I-44 and Route 141. In addition, the department is looking to improve the flow of traffic in the area through to Vance. The project also includes pavement improvements throughout the project limits.
As a part of design-build, MoDOT sets the project goals and budget and the potential contractors determine the design work and schedule based on those goals. The winning contractor would be the one that best meets the stated goals within the project budget.
Since the project is design-build, the specifics on what the project will look like and how the project will be staged will be determined by the winning contractor.
What are the goals for the project?
- Deliver the project within the program budget of $25 million.
- Maximize mobility on Route 141 and improve efficiency at the I-44 interchange and Vance Road intersection.
- Deliver the project in a manner which demonstrates the importance of safety.
- Provide a quality project resulting in a long-lasting transportation facility that minimizes future maintenance.
- Deliver the project using a diverse workforce.
- Complete the project by July 15, 2018.
What is the timeline for the project?
Schedule is subject to change
- Requests for Qualification — Summer 2015
- Requests for Proposals — Late summer/early fall 2015
- Contract Award — Early 2016
For access to early contractor information, please e-mail the design build team.
FOR CONTRACTOR INFORMATION, CLICK HERE.
For more information: